Friday, February 25, 2011

BUY A @#%!&! CASE ALREADY!!


I know this hobby can be quite expensive and we all cut corners when we can, but a good figure case is like car insurance. Sure, it may feel like you don't need it and it is a waste of money, but once you have it you feel protected. And when something goes wrong and you don't have it, you really feel the sting.

When I first started, i was hell bent on not spending too much money. I played necrons so I only had to buy two colors of paint, Mithril Silver and Boltgun Metal. For the longest time I refused to buy Snot Green to add a little color, Refused.

It was the same for miniture storage. At first I used an old tool box my dad had. Of course, everytime i went somewhere I broke models. And everytime I had to glue them back together and it was very frustrating. When I finally did buy a case, I bought the cheapest thing I could find: a Reaper Mini Case. Full of foam $50 Bucks. After about six month, the low quality foam started falling out, i knew I made a mistake. After that I when back to caring things in tackle boxes. It was so frustrating. I finally realized that I had spent $100 and  countless hours and loads of frustration instead of getting what I needed the first time.

So I finally after years of frustration, i broke down and bought the biggest Sabol Army Case they make, and I am telling you it revolutionized the hobby for me. My army is always ready to go. I don't have to worry what is broke in my army. It is absolutely amazing.

So I get my brand new dark eldar and what do I do? I go out and buy foam immediately, right? I mean, I've learned my lesson, right? WRONG!!!
I keep saying to my self I'll buy it later and look what happens. I break vital bits on 2 -$50 models.  This is what i like to call a 'Stupid Tax'- you were stupid, now you must pay for it.

Anyhow, the moral of today's story is, Go buy a good quality case to keep you minis in. Get either a Battlefoam or a Sabol. Battlefoam is the best. Sabol is cheaper, but high quality and you won't be dissapointed with it. In the long run it will save you, time, money, and whole lot of heart ache. See ya'll next time. I'm off to order some foam.

No comments:

Post a Comment